Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Freedom

Yesterday was a bit difficult for me.  I started to get the itch.  It was my 1 week sobriety-versary.  1 week.  I have no idea when my last total week sober was.

No idea.

But the really awesome things I have realized are as follows:

  • I am saving approximately 2,000 calories a day.  A DAY!  I never realized how many calories I was drinking nearly every night.  2000!  


  • If I spent an average of $15 for every night I drank, and I drank 3-5 times a week, that is an average of $45-75 a week.  Which is $180-300 a month.  
  • Because I was already feeling crappy nearly every day, when I ate fast food, I didn't notice it was making me feel gross.  I had a breakfast burrito this morning and feel like crap.  I don't want to put that in my body any longer.

One day at a time.  Thank you Lord for giving me the strength to get through this day.  Thank you for giving me the clarity to know it was time to change.  Thank you for letting me put it all on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment