Monday, September 15, 2014

Having a Rough Time

I have over 2 months sober.

We asked God to help us show them the same tolerancepity, and patience that we would cheerfullygrant a sick friend.

From it stem all forms of spiritual disease, for we have been not only mentally and physically ill, we have been spiritually sick.

This was our course: We realized that the people who wronged us were perhaps spiritually sick.

I am having a hard time.  I am working so hard on my sobriety.  I am not yelling at home anymore.  I have no desire to.  I have no desire to drink.  I have no desire to argue.

But I still have issues with control.  And when that default of character rears its ugly head, others in my house yell at scream and curse at me.

But I don't raise my voice.  

I tell them not to yell and curse at me.

I need to work on just walking away.

I am scared.  Because if that behavior doesn't change, if I am continually yelled at, I will have to take care of me and leave.

I don't want that to happen.  But I don't know what else to do. 

I need others to realize they need to work on their spiritual health as well.

I need help.  I can't do this alone.

No one is worth losing my sobriety over.

No comments:

Post a Comment