Monday, October 13, 2014

New Beginnings

For the first time in years, I went to a show/concert sober.  

Sober. 

That means no Xanax for my anxiety.  No alcohol for, well, to drink so I am more comfortable.

Nothing.  

It was fun.  It was weird.  It scared me.  But it was good.

I remember the whole show.  I know I didn't make a fool of myself by being drunk.

And I felt bad for those who were falling down drunk.  And worried how they would get home safely.  

It was wierd.  Odd.  

Enlightening. 

Refreshing.

Empowering.

I am not my disease.  I am not my addiction.  

I deserve to live a full and happy and sober life.  I deserve to feel emotions.  

I am worth working to save.

And I am pretty sure my social anxiety never existed.  I thought I had it because I wanted a reason to drink.  Alcohol gave me social anxiety.

I thought it was my solution, but it was the beginning of my problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment